Contact Information for physicians/patients
Mirna Natalija Anicic, E-mail: mirnaanicic(at)gmail.com
Particular rare liver disease expertise of the centre
- Biliary atresia
- Biliary malformations (Choledochal cyst, Caroli disease)
- Genetic cholestatic disease- Crigler Najjar, Progressive intrahepatic familial cholestasis (PFIC), Alagille syndrome
- Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Wilson disease
- Autoimmune liver disease (Autoimmune hepatitis, Primary sclerosing cholangitis)
- Metabolic liver disease
- Gestational alloimmune liver disease (GALD)
- Lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL)
Jurica Vukovic, MD, PhD
Department of Pediatrics, Head of Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology
Assoc. Prof. Ruža Grizelj, MD, PhD
ERN Team and Contact
Mirna Natalija Anicic, MD, pediatric gastroenterologist and hepatologist
Lana Omerza, MD, pediatric gastroenterologist and hepatologist
Ivana Todoric, MD
Matea Kovacic, MD
The University Hospital Centre Zagreb is the largest health institution in Croatia, which provides all services from basic care to highly sophisticated medical procedures.
The Department of Pediatrics is the largest pediatric ward in Croatia, with the largest Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Genetics and Metabolism. It delivers the highest level of medical care.
In the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology we perform specialised diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for most complex patients suffering from rare liver disease. We provide individualized patient and family centered care with a multidisciplinary team of specialized health care professionals. Our Pediatric Liver Transplant Program is the only one in Croatia and has been successfully ongoing since 2001.